Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Janet Wins Again at the Boyne Marathon!

Here's her race report:

'BOYNE....just hearing it intimidates me.. I awoke at 3:30am the morning of the rac e to the sound of rain. Crap. Boyne is difficult enough without being wet and muddy too. As luck would have it, the weatherman was wrong, and it had hardly rained at Boyne. It started out cloudy, but the sun came out, the wind picked up a bit and it was a beautiful day for a race. I really wanted to just finish this, as last year I had DNF'd. The course was in great condition, rooty, rather technical and big climbs as usual. I got passed once by another girl in my class. I stayed right with her, and then she had what appeared to be a nasty crash right in front of me. She got up, was OK, so I was on my way and did not see her or any other women after that. My goal was to finish in under 4 hours and I did 3:53. So I accomplished 3 things - I finished, I won and I was under my goal time. Apparently Boyne is not as intimidating as it sounds '

Congrats, Janet -- and Happy Birthday, too!!!!

No comments: